Position: Latin America Ministry Team Leader
Employer: World Renew
Location: Honduras; Nicaragua; or Guatemala
Deadline: November 4, 2019
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Executive
Closing Date: November 4, 2019
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is currently seeking a Team Leader for our Latin America Ministry Team. This role ensures team organization, team development, and team performance. The Team Leader holds the team and its individual members accountable for effective and healthy functioning to attain high performance (achieve its performance impacts and outcomes). The Team Leader also represents the Latin America Ministry Team (MT) to the World Renew Co-Directors and other teams, agencies and organizations.
This position is to be located in the Latin America region with the highest preference for any one of these countries: Nicaragua, Honduras or Guatemala.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefit package which includes: housing and utilities, a vehicle for program use, generous insurance benefits, paid vacation time etc.
-Leads the MT in focusing on and achieving the performance impacts and outcomes defined within its long-range and annual plans.
-Leads the MT in managing its work within organizational and MT boundaries.
-Facilitates the MT’s growth by:
A. Providing consistent clear reminders of the necessary spiritual foundations to the work and arranging appropriate spiritual retreats
B. Ensuring appropriate and competent staffing for the MT
C. Lead the team to position itself into the future, considering changes in funding and development practice, and ensuring the appropriate staffing pattern/workforce needed to position each country and the region for success
D. Implementing and supervising staff surveys for the MT (e.g. MTSAS), ensuring follow-up as appropriate
-Facilitates each MT member’s growth by:
A. Holding each team member accountable for high individual performance in the achievement of his/her plans, impacts, and outcomes
B. Helping team members grow professionally by providing necessary knowledge, tools, skill training, and growth feedback
C. Helping team members to grow in self-awareness and realization of personal vision as full and active members of the team
D. Supervising all coaching/mentoring activities to ensure mentoring and opportunities for spiritual growth of all team members
E. Delegating responsibility and/or tasks to other members of the MT according to their gifts and abilities.
-Represents the voice of the MT to the Co-Directors, the Facilitation and Integration Team (FIT), other CRCNA agencies (where applicable), and other organizations
-Represents the entities listed in #5 to the MT
-Travels to visit MT members, partners and partner programs throughout the MT region to carry out Team Leader duties and responsibilities
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated experience working with local churches, community organizations and mobilizing them in community development efforts, as well as experience in holistic community transformation
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity.
5. A visionary and strategic thinker, with the ability to help staff translate strategies into action
6. Working knowledge of and a commitment to the core agency development and disaster response concepts, models, and values and integration of same
7. Experience in team management and development is essential, and demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
8. Effective facilitation, negotiation, active listening, decision-making/problem-solving skills are required
9. Working understanding of and practicing the principles of servant leadership with demonstrated staff mentoring and coaching skills
10. Experience integrating cross cutting themes is preferred e.g. gender, creation care, disaster-risk reduction
11. Ability to manage in complex, demanding environments using a systematic approach
12. Prior international grant management experience, along with planning, monitoring and evaluation abilities, with particular familiarity with the Results Based Management framework
13. Demonstrated ability to implement, improve, and integrate community development programs through consultation and to work and collaborate with partner organizations
14. Demonstrated competence in administration, human resources, financial management and budget development
15. Effective written and verbal communication skills required (including the ability to encourage communication within the team)
More information about this opportunity, and the link to apply, can be found on our website: https://worldrenew.net/careers.
Candidates interested in applying should do so before November 4, 2019.