Position: International Development and Assistance Researcher
Location: Toronto (Remote)
Deadline: May 22, 2021
Employment Type: Internship
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: May 22, 2021
6 months, Paid Internship
Funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs Programs, comdu.it is hiring Summer Interns:
Location: Toronto, Canada (Remote)
Length of term: 6 Months
Language Requirement: English
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and Regulations.
Hiring Position: International Development and Assistance Researcher
- Lead and support the development of a monitoring and evaluation framework for organization's projects; including data collection methodologies, impact reporting processes, templates and tools.
- Coordinate with Team Leads to create timely progress reports, and ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Identify and analyze needs and opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness of the project.
- Collaborate with Brands to develop vibrant social media content highlighting the organization's impact and work on the ground.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor's degree, or relevant certification.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills for synthesis of materials, evaluations, and preparation of presentations/articles for publication.
- Keep track of the diverse approaches to monitoring and evaluation across comdu.it’s project with the intention of coordinating and organizing systematic improvements in process and practice.
- Provide technical assistance to comdu.it project staff and partners on evaluation planning, design and use.
- Collect, analyze and manage evidence and findings from monitoring and evaluation across all projects, and synthesize into project briefs.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
comdu.it is a growing global network of diaspora volunteers committed to the sustainable development of Sri Lanka. We operate out of Canada, Germany, and Switzerland. We leverage diaspora technical expertise by bridging passionate volunteers with local grassroot organizations as a way to co-create meaningful and sustainable solutions for accessible education, livelihoods, and socio-economic empowerment of all vulnerable and under-represented populations in Sri Lanka.
comdu.it is dedicated to helping shift diaspora engagement from charity to sustainability, from aid to economic development, and from remittance to knowledge-based economy.
comdu.it promotes pluralism and equal opportunity and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. comdu.it’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from Canadian Tamils, womxn, members of BIPOC and LGBTQ2+ communities, and all other equity-seeking groups.