Position: Fundraising organizer
Location: Toronto (Remote)
Deadline: May 22, 2021
Employment Type: Internship
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: May 22, 2021
6 months, Paid Internship
Funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs Programs, comdu.it is hiring Summer Interns:
Location: Toronto, Canada (Remote)
Length of term: 6 Months
Language Requirement: English
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and Regulations.
Hiring position: Fundraising organizer
- Support the development of a fundraising strategy.
- Develop and manage efforts to identify, solicit, and communicate with potential donors in line with the organization's fundraising mandate.
- Plan, manage, and implement a fundraising campaign, including development and solicitation of business sponsorships, coordination of logistics, as well as the management of volunteers.
- Identify and prepare proposals for government, business, foundations, and private granting agencies
- Prioritize job tasks as appropriate in accordance to the organizational fundraising needs
- With the guidance and mentoring of the supervisor, accomplish other assigned administrative tasks as needed.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor's degree, or relevant certification.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently; ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone and email correspondence, proofreading and editing; comfortable speaking on camera, over the phone and able to host those attending events tactfully and persuasively.
- Propose and develop common fundraising frameworks to ensure consistency on the principles and ethical standards of fundraising activities, in areas such as gift acceptance policies, and accountability to donors, etc.
comdu.it is a growing global network of diaspora volunteers committed to the sustainable development of Sri Lanka. We operate out of Canada, Germany, and Switzerland. We leverage diaspora technical expertise by bridging passionate volunteers with local grassroot organizations as a way to co-create meaningful and sustainable solutions for accessible education, livelihoods, and socio-economic empowerment of all vulnerable and under-represented populations in Sri Lanka.
comdu.it is dedicated to helping shift diaspora engagement from charity to sustainability, from aid to economic development, and from remittance to knowledge-based economy.
comdu.it promotes pluralism and equal opportunity and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. comdu.it’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from Canadian Tamils, womxn, members of BIPOC and LGBTQ2+ communities, and all other equity-seeking groups.