Position: Fundraising Officer
Employer: World University Service of Canada
Deadline: April 8, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: April 8, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Fundraising Officer
POSITION LOCATION: Ottawa, Canada (currently remote)
REPORTS TO: Fundraising Manager
POSITION LEVEL: Pro 1 ($47,800 to $56,400)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 8, 2021
WUSC is a leading Canadian non-profit organization in international development, committed to building a more equitable and sustainable world. We work with a unique and powerful network of post-secondary institutions, private-sector partners and volunteers to provide education, employment and empowerment opportunities that improve the lives of millions of disadvantaged youth around the world. WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.
WUSC is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we foster youth-centered solutions for education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion in over 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Working closely with the communications, philanthropy, and finance teams, the Fundraising Officer’s primary responsibilities include: receiving and entering gifts into Salesforce; coordinating tax receipts; supporting fundraising activities such as campaigns and donor communications; and coordinating volunteer fundraiser training and monitoring. The Fundraising Officer will support other initiatives, as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Salesforce & Donation Processing
- Coordinate and provide input into ongoing donor database (Salesforce) development and maintenance, in collaboration with the MIS team and external consultants.
- Coordinate gift processing across all platforms and ensure receipting is timely and compliant with regulatory authorities.
- Interpret fundraising data and help prepare quarterly fundraising analysis reports.
- Periodically update process guides to reflect new or modified processes.
- Support the development and execution of fundraising campaigns and events
- Develop communications materials as they relate to the donor cultivation and stewardship, including on social media, website, and email automations in English and French
- Perform and document actions to cultivate and steward WUSC donors and alumni, primarily through phone and email in English and French
- Identify and recommend new opportunities to cultivate and steward WUSC donors and alumni
- Volunteer Fundraising
- Coordinate use of fundraising platform (Raisin) by volunteer fundraisers (international volunteers and post-secondary students), providing support to relevant WUSC departments and to individual users.
- Liaise with relevant WUSC departments to integrate fundraising activities into other activities planned with volunteers.
- Coordinate the training of volunteer fundraisers, including contributing to volunteer training materials; track the progress of volunteer fundraisers; and provide follow-up relating to their fundraising targets.
- Respond to inquiries from the general and fundraising email and phone lines.
- Other duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in fundraising;
- Experience in donation processing and tax receipting, and knowledge of CRA regulations essential;
- Experience with Salesforce is required;
- Experience with CanadaHelps and Raisin platforms an asset;
- Experience in a non-profit organization and/or international development preferred;
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Suite) essential;
- Experience in using social media and other digital platforms for fundraising an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of WUSC;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and have an ability to multi-task;
- Motivated, creative, hardworking, optimistic, and a team player; and
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening work. Time in lieu will be provided.
- Languages: English and French required
Why work with us?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
The WUSC office is in centrally located Hintonburg in Ottawa. Currently WUSC team members are working remotely. WUSC offers flexible working arrangements, competitive benefits, four weeks of annual leave (for full-time employees), safe and healthy working conditions, and fair compensation. Click here to learn more about WUSC Top 100 Employers of National Capital Region 2021.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
If you wish to apply for this position, please follow this link to register on WUSC’s candidate database.