Position: Development Coordinator – Donor Care
Employer: Canadian Feed The Children
Deadline: January 2, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: January 2, 2022
About this Opportunity
The Development Coordinator – Donor Care is a front-line role providing outstanding experience to our donors through phone, email and mail communications, inspiring them to strengthen their support for CFTC. Often the first point of contact for donors and potential donors, this position shares program information and answers inquiries. Activities include accepting donations by phone, verifying donor information and coordinating stewardship activities.
You will also look after data entry and data integrity for donor records in Raiser’s Edge. Responsibilities include running reports, assisting with direct marketing activities, office reception and administration, sending out marketing packages and, supporting other stewardship and fundraising activities within the development team. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day activities, grow your skills and be part of an innovative fundraising and development team.
• You know how to own the donor experience, have incredible communication skills and can quickly build rapport while sharing your passion for CFTC’s vision and mission.
• Highly organized, able to multi-task, accurate, able to meet deadlines, effective and efficient with high volume and competing priorities.
• High level of responsiveness, creativity, engagement, negotiating and influencing skills.
• As a results-oriented individual, you will show initiative, make on-going recommendations for continuous improvement and are passionate about delighting our donors.
• Respond to incoming phone calls and emails.
• Set up new constituent records.
• Prepare incoming donations for processing as per procedures in accordance with import and processing schedule.
• Facilitate special stewardship to new Mass Single Gift donors. This can include creating simple pulls, lists, and deploying emails in accordance with the stewardship grid and donor journeys.
• Keep database updated by confirming contact information from incoming phone calls and as per donor communication in incoming mail and email.
• Increase our ability to communicate with donors by gathering email addresses and phone numbers from incoming phone calls and confirming consent.
• Inform donors about our programs and help to confirm or guide their giving.
• Support the Development Officer - Monthly Giving Administration with phone calls and emails to update credit card and direct debit information as part of the arrears and reminder procedures.
• Regularly update information in Raiser’s Edge as per the Online Update Your Information Form.
• Lift donations by actively asking donors to give an additional donation as part of inbound phone procedures.
• Review and update existing letter and email templates, and procedure manuals as required.
• Support the Senior Manager, Annual Giving & Data Analytics as required.
• Set up Receipts, e-receipts, and acknowledgements in Raiser’s Edge.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Related experience working in a non-profit.
• Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp and ImportOmatic or comparable CRMs and integration solutions would be assets, as part of the strong computer and software skills you bring to this role.
Interested? Please quote the position title in the subject line and submit your resume and cover letter to by January 2, 2022: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. This position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed the Children (CFTC) is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of our community. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility or Accommodation process at CFTC, please contact our People and Culture Department.