Position: Communications Officer with Shelter and Settlements Alternatives Uganda (SSA Uganda)
Employer: Rooftops Canada – Abri International
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: April 15, 2023
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: Monthly living stipend +
Closing Date: April 15, 2023
Rooftops Canada – Abri International is seeking a qualified candidate to participate in our 6-month Young Professionals (YP) Overseas Placement Program as part of our five-year project “Women’s Spaces: Implementing Equal rights to Land, Housing and Livelihoods”.
This program is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents, 19-35 years of age with a completed degree or diploma by May 2023.
The Project will strategically contribute to Uganda’s efforts to grapple with land tenure issues by developing and sharing best practices and regional experiences focused on gender equality. This initiative is being implemented in four peri-urban districts (Kamuli, Mityana, Kayunga, Wakiso - Entebbe) near Kampala. The project will raise awareness among local authorities, courts and police, elders, religious and customary leaders to promote positive action on women’s rights to land, housing and livelihoods. This will be reinforced by building the capacity of community paralegals to support individuals, primarily women, experiencing land and housing rights violations. It will also support women’s groups and communities to engage with Land Boards and Municipal Development Forums to negotiate land claims and advocate for access to land, resources and services.
• Assist with documenting all project activities and progress (case stories, interviews, pictures, mini documentaries).
• To assist in designing project communication newsletters, magazines and different IEC materials
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of communication and visibility of the project;
• To support staff to upload and update social media platforms and other communication channels
• To assist in the development of creative quarterly, annual and other reports about the project
Applications Due April 14, 2023
Visit https://www.rooftops.ca/volunteers for full details