Position: Communications & Engagement Officer
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 15, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications and Engagement, the Communications and Engagement Officer (C&E Officer) is responsible for planning, developing and executing a variety of communications and marketing programs in support of departmental and broader CESO objectives. The C&E Officer will support the implementation of a variety of projects and programs from conception through to execution. The C&E Officer will also take a key role in connecting inter-office activities and ensuring seamless client and CESO Advisor service. This position is currently hybrid with in-office work in Toronto OR Montreal.
- Support the development of creative and effective content for web, social media, blogs, email, newsletters, to reach and connect with target audiences.
- Maintain and monitor the organization’s online presence, including content curation for website and social media channels, tracking metrics and optimizing SEO.
- Compile and draft CESO’s monthly newsletter, with input from several departments and stakeholders; prepare content for brochures, reports and various projects.
- Work collaboratively across internal CESO teams, departments and individuals to build effective relationships, identify opportunities where communications, outreach and engagement can support activities, and develop strong messaging across appropriate channels.
- Support the organization of issue-based campaigns such as online advocacy, media outreach and advertisements, aligned with departmental and organizational goals. Contribute to the planning and execution of CESO events.
- Support the C&E team in the planning and execution of media relations and PR activities, including proactive outreach, coordinating editorial coverage, and measuring outcomes.
- Support the development of donor relations communications and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Support the implementation of CESO’s brand style, voice and best practices for all communications, providing branding leadership and support to the broader CESO organization and community.
- Assist in government relations efforts and activities, including organization of specific engagement opportunities. Collaborate with other civil society organizations on campaigns and events, and other tasks as determined.
- Continually research best practices, trends, and new strategies. Take initiative in identifying innovative communications and marketing activities to effectively engage CESO audiences.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in communications, marketing or related discipline a strong asset
- A solid understanding of effective communications and marketing techniques and trends, and understanding of the needs of a variety of target audiences
- High level of organizational proficiency; ability to manage diverse projects and shifting priorities within tight timelines
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to synthesize complex ideas into succinct messages and/or produce reports and recommendations
- Proficiency with Google suite of products; Adobe Creative Cloud products; web content management systems (CMS); presentation software; email management software (Mailchimp)
- Experience with Google Analytics, performance metrics and analytics tools for social media, website and email campaigns; familiarity with executing paid and organic campaigns across a variety of digital and social media channels
- Knowledge of international development, not-for-profit/NGO sectors a strong asset
- Graphic design expertise an asset
- French language skills are an asset
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations with
Communications & Engagement Officer in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: July 15, 2022
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.