Position: Communications & Engagement Officer with Graphic Design experience
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: September 3, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: September 3, 2021
CESO is an international economic development organization dedicated to reducing poverty and fostering economic growth around the world and in Canada. With a vision of stronger economies for better lives, CESO’s initiatives are aimed towards catalyzing and strengthening sustainable economic growth and social development.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications and Engagement, the Communications and Engagement Officer (C&E Officer) is responsible for planning, developing and executing a variety of communications and marketing programs in support of the SUMM project and broader CESO objectives. The C&E Officer will play a key role in the development and implementation of the design of marketing materials and overall branding strategy. The C&E Officer will also support the implementation of a variety of design projects and programs from conception through to execution and ensuring seamless client and advisor service. This position is currently remote, due to COVID-19, with the possibility of returning to the office in either Montreal or Toronto. This is a contract position until July 31, 2022.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Play a key role in the development and implementation of the design of marketing materials and overall branding strategy.
2. Support the Program Development and Learning Team in the creation and implementation of various marketing initiatives in support of the SUMM project, including the design of a series of Learning Products and program tools and reports.
3. Collaboratively responsible for the development of creative and effective content for web, social media, newsletters, print collateral, to reach and connect with target audiences.
4. Supports the implementation of CESO’s brand style, voice and best practices for all communications, providing branding support to the broader CESO organization and community.
5. Content curation and for the organization’s online presence, including supporting design and rebranding efforts of the website
6. Work collaboratively across internal CESO teams, departments and individuals to build effective relationships, identify opportunities where communications, outreach and engagement can support activities, and develop strong messaging across appropriate channels.
7. Support the C&E team in the planning and execution of media relations and PR activities, including developing media relationships, proactive outreach, developing media relations.
8. Continually research best practices, trends, and new strategies. Take initiative in identifying innovative communications and marketing activities to effectively engage CESO audiences.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related discipline a strong asset
- Strong graphic design expertise, with a keen eye for layout and an ability to reformat a variety of materials
- A solid understanding of effective digital marketing techniques and trends, and understanding of the needs of a variety of target audiences
- Familiarity with executing campaigns across a variety of digital and social media channels
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Google suite of products; Adobe Creative Cloud products, web content management systems (CMS); presentation software; email management software (Mailchimp);
- High level of organizational proficiency; ability to manage diverse projects and shifting priorities within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to synthesize complex ideas into succinct messages and/or produce reports and recommendations
- Knowledge of international development and not-for-profit/NGO sectors is a strong asset
- French language skills are an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter, along with your salary expectations with Communications & Engagement Officer (contract) in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: September 3rd, 2021
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.