Position: Business Development Specialist- Volunteer in the Philippines
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Paranaque City, Manila
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: November 15, 2018
Location Paranaque City, Manila
Start Date Oct - Dec 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
The Volunteer’s Role
The placement aims to support our partner, the San Dionisio Credit Cooperative (SDCC) in the implementation of an inclusive market intervention program involving the establishment and operation of a distribution business.
The distribution business will be set up for and by family farms and small-scale entrepreneurs, will source their products from the target groups within and outside Metro-Manila and distribute the same to different market channels.
This placement is part of the Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment (VOICE) program in Philippines, with a focus on Inclusive Sustainable Economic Growth (ISEG) and cross-cutting theme of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion. The ultimate outcome of the VOICE project is to improve the economic and social well-being of poor and marginalized communities. This placement will support the capacity building of above described MBO working with and for the benefit of family farmers, micro and small entrepreneurs on business management across the organization to develop and expand business support programs for member entrepreneurs, especially the development of social enterprises.
The volunteer will help SDCC in the development and implementation of the business plan for the said project.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Field visits and meetings with San Dionisio Credit Cooperative officers and members
-Review the initial business plan and proposal for the distribution business
-Work with SDCC to finalize the business plan, develop the operations plan, strengthen the necessary structures and systems, facilitate strategy development, coordinate implementation of the business and report on its progress to the SDCC management
-Mentor and train the SDCC staff in the implementation of the distribution business
Essential Academic Qualifications:
University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Marketing or related area
Essential Professional Background:
-Min. 3- 5 years of experience in business management, marketing
-Strategic planning, financial business planning, development of business management strategies, marketing and promotional strategies
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months