Position: Bilingual Volunteer Services Officer
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: September 24, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
The Bilingual Volunteer Services (VS) Officer is responsible for providing excellent customer service to Catalyste+ Advisors (CAs) while preparing them for their assignments. The Bilingual VS Officer will ensure the smooth deployment and provide CAs with all the information and paperwork to complete the assignment successfully. The Bilingual VS Officer will work closely with Program staff in Canada and Program countries (In Country Teams- ICTs), and Catalyste+ Advisors in the day-to-day delivery of assignments. Duties include data entry, deployment and logistics delivery, pre-assignment CA preparation and post-assignment administrative paperwork processing. In addition, the Bilingual VS Officer will work alongside other members of the VS team on continuous process improvements to ensure efficiency and excellent program delivery to CAs.
The successful candidate can be based in either the following provinces/territories: Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia & North-West Territories. This is a 12-month full-time contract position. Work is mainly remote, with a hybrid model in Toronto and Montreal if the candidate lives in either of these cities.
- Provide excellent customer service and administrative support to CAs in preparation for and throughout their assignments (in-field or virtual);
- Provide detailed pre-assignment briefing to CAs around Catalyste+ program, partner and country staff, logistics and assignment process, local customs as required;
- Assist CAs to obtain travel visas (as needed), ensure travel documents are valid and that CAs have completed all the necessary forms prior to their departure as required (i.e. medical forms, waivers, expense advances, etc.) through Catalyste+’s online system;
- Partner with Catalyste+’s travel agency to ensure the best available travel is booked for CAs and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) compliant;
- Communicate with Catalyste+ ICTs and Program Managers (PMs) as needed to ensure smooth assignment logistics (virtual settings or travel);
- Ensure CAs have completed their pre-departure online compliance training modules and provided all required documents;
- Prepare advance requisitions for CAs after a thorough review of their situation and liaise with the Accounting department to ensure timely processing of it;
- Throughout the assignments, support successful delivery with troubleshooting support, active follow-up and communication with the different stakeholders;
- Manage post-assignment documents collection from CAs, (i.e. expense claims, timesheets, reports) and follow-up on overdue items;
- Review thoroughly and process expense claims in a timely manner;
- Enter all necessary documentation into the database (Quickbase) and ensure all information and documentation is up to date;
- After each assignment, review the Catalyste+ Advisor Feedback Form (CAFF) and feedback from ICTs and partners to debrief with CAs for quality assurance and feedback around CA performance quality;
- Stays current with assignments being recruited for through regular communication with Recruiters;
- Regularly meets with Program staff to stay informed on assignments and CAs actions in the field;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute, in conjunction with the Sr. VS Officer, to the development of new forms and processes to constantly improve the volunteer experience;
- Responds to general inquiries regarding Catalyste+’s programs and services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or College Diploma in International Development or Business Administration with knowledge in international development
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with volunteers in the not-for-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal awareness and analytical skills
- Able to handle difficult conversations with diplomacy
- Able to readily adapt to change, multi-task, coordinate and prioritize day-to-day workload to meet tight timelines
- Able to manage high volumes of emails, calls and data management
- Able to work proactively and independently
- Proficient computer skills and general knowledge of accounting / office practices and procedures
- French is required
Please forward your resume, cover letter, including salary expectations,
with Bilingual Volunteer Services Officer in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: September 24, 2023
Catalyste+ is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.