Position: Associate Partnership Director
Employer: Raising The Village
Location: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Deadline: October 15, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Senior
Salary Range: $110,000-$140,000 commensurate with experience
Closing Date: October 15, 2023
About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village, a non-profit international development organization on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. What started as a small start-up in 2012 has now become a fast-growing organization with 150+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 11 people in Toronto and New York, working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages in Uganda. To date, we have supported more than 665,000 people through our innovative holistic approach. We have achieved this tremendous growth with the help of amazing funders and partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact. Find out more about our programs and impact at: www.raisingthevillage.org
About The Role
The Associate Partnerships Director is an experienced fundraiser, strategic thinker, and systems builder with a demonstrated record of success in securing funding, expanding partnership pipelines, and building a team that is ready to meet the needs of a non-profit organization on a fast-growth trajectory.
Primarily a development operations role, this position involves stewardship and management of RTV’s existing partnerships, including the management and execution of varied due diligence and reporting needs; the development of systems, capacities, and team skills to support strategic partnerships efforts; as well as expansion and diversification of our donor base to support our short-term and long-term objectives.
The Associate Director of Partnerships will work closely with the CEO and Director of Strategic Partnerships and will manage a team of partnership professionals to identify, solicit, and steward gifts in support of RTV’s mission. The Associate Partnerships Director will play an integral role in developing and driving our partnerships and fundraising strategy, and will be a critical contributor to the organization’s ambitious impact and growth strategy. RTV’s partnerships portfolio focuses on grants from philanthropic foundations and government.
Who You Are
You have a sharp focus on detailed and accurate information. You are able to multitask, thrive in fast-paced environments, and are committed to ensuring quality deliverables. You are organized yet flexible, you are a strong communicator in all facets and enjoy working with and developing a team to accomplish something big together. Having a social purpose that will make your work meaningful. You never back down from a challenge, you are a curious and adaptable problem-solver, looking forward to growing with an organization poised for scale.
– Along with the CEO, Director of Strategic Partnerships and broader partnerships team, hold responsibility for the successful achievement of our revenue goals to support our growth, expansion, and replication strategies. This includes planning, implementing, and overseeing an integrated partnerships strategy focusing on securing, managing, and stewarding grants from the government, multilateral agencies, and foundations.
– Lead the enhancement of internal systems for relationship management and funder reporting and communications. Including the management of internal systems to track proposal and reporting schedules, ensuring partnership, finance, communications, and program staff are well-informed of and engaged in ongoing needs, milestones, and deadlines.
– Manage the design and implementation of grants administration processes and develop strategies to optimize grants management systems across all program and operational areas, including CRM software.
– Provide strategic direction for proposals, cases for support, donor reports and recognition, and other fundraising materials, and take an active management role in writing and reviewing grant proposals, funder reports, budgets, and financial reports.
– Coordination with outside sales partnerships team members in moving existing partners, funding prospects through the donor journey and serving in lead generation as required.
– Work collaboratively with other departments, including Operations, Planning, Evaluation & Learning (PEAL), Finance, Communications, and Program Implementation teams to develop funding proposals, reports, and ongoing stewardship.
– Manage and lead the operational capacities of the partnerships team, responsible for overseeing key administrative components of the Partnerships portfolio, including the support of annual business plans, deal flow, and budgets.
– Seek out and implement industry best practices and support the development and implementation of fundraising policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Expertise
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience, preferably in the non-profit or international development sectors.
– Ten years of progressive development experience with demonstrated success with a minimum of five years of management/leadership experience.
– Experience raising funds from institutional donors, including a track record of successful proposal development and grant reporting, especially in the context of a fast-growing organization.
– Experience developing grant management systems, ensuring compliance with external and internal requirements, and overseeing information management related to grant and program implementation, including timely and quality reporting.
– Excellent project management skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrable development operations experience, including goal setting, work planning, systems development, and team management.
– Experience with CRM systems, with a preference for Salesforce. Excellent working knowledge of GSuite and MS Office suite, including proven experience in maintaining complex spreadsheets and using databases.
– Financial management experience, including management and oversight of budgets.
– Excellent communication skills, including demonstrable experience in writing clearly, concisely, and with attention to detail for multiple audiences. This includes experience conveying data-heavy information in an approachable, digestible, but comprehensive way.
– Strong organization, research, and analysis skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
– Relevant experience in international development in the context of developing countries will be an advantage.
Compensation & Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits, optional Group RRSP (and 4-weeks vacation in line with our policies. RTV is fast growing, with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one PDF file) to: careersTO@raisingthevillage.org. No phone calls or LinkedIn requests, please.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at the same email as mentioned above.