|View Employer Profile||
Sunday, April 30, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:This 6 month placemenet is located in Ethiopia and starts between Jan - Mar (flexible)
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The overall purpose of the placement is to help strengthen the resource mobilization capacity of the organization to ultimately improve the quality and coverage of midwifery care in Ethiopia.
The specific objectives are to:
- Strengthen membership unit, including membership service packages.
- Strengthen resource mobilization unit.
- Effectively implement the Resource Mobilization Strategy and Action Plan.
- Improve resource mobilization capacity of staff, members, partners and teaching institutions.
In more detail, the volunteer will:
- Organize the Resource Mobilization Unit: Identify resources needed, possible providers and appropriate methods to obtain the resources and implement a strategy to bring the resources to the organization.
- Support the coordination and effective implementation of Resource Mobilization Strategy and Action Plan activities; arrange advocacy and representation activities for the midwifery profession.
- Organize the membership unit: help register members and update database; develop membership service packages and make services available for members; implement plans, working documents and manuals developed for the above purposes.
- Strengthen relationships with government bureaus, partners and other organizations.
- Begin conversations with and improve the Resource Mobilization (RM) strategy document, resource gap identification and RM Action Plan.
Essential Academic Qualifications
- Degree in communications, resource mobilization or relevant field
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- Minimum 2 years work experience in resource mobilization
- Experience in proposal development and institutional resources assessment
- Training experience
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation