|View Employer Profile||
Friday, July 28, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:The Gender Specialist will substantively contribute to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of Gender, and will facilitate an integrated approach to Population and Development and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) issues.
The Gender Specialist position is located in the Cross River Decentralized/Sub Office (CRDO), and reports to the Program Coordinator/Head of Office, CRDO.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Analyze and interpret the political, social and economic environment relevant to gender equality and women’s empowerment and the related population
- Help create and document knowledge about current and emerging gender, and related population development trends.
- Assist advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the Director and the Country Office preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Guide and facilitate the delivery of UNFPA’s programs by monitoring results achieved during implementation.
- Ensure and guide the appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary.
- Work closely with UNFPA staff to build their capacity to ensure that gender is mainstreamed across programs.