Focus in Development Podcast Series
This series focuses on the Istanbul Principles for Development Effectiveness, a set of shared values guiding the development of civil society organizations worldwide and a distinct globally recognized reference for effective development work.
This podcast series seeks to provide a glimpse at the Istanbul Principles in action. It highlights OCIC member organizations, and their international partners, speaking on a range of issues from youth and gender empowerment to inter-generational slavery, to the challenges and successes of civil society organizations in sustainable development.
What are the Istanbul Principals?
The Principles for CSO Development Effectiveness are the result of an extensive worldwide consultation process with thousands of civil society organizations (CSOs) undertaken by civil society itself through the Open Forum for CSO Development Effectiveness. The inputs and perspectives gathered were consolidated into a first Synthesis Report and draft Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness in 2010. During the 1st Global Assembly of the Open Forum, September 2010 in Istanbul, Turkey, CSOs from across the globe discussed and debated the draft principles in detail, and finally endorsed the final version, officially known as the Principles for CSO Development Effectiveness and also widely referred to as the Istanbul Principles. These Principles form the foundation for the final International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness, which was finalized and endorsed in June 2011 at the 2nd Global Assembly of the Open Forum in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
All of the podcasts can be found below on Youtube (video), Soundcloud (audio) and their transcripts.
1. Introduction to the Focus in Development Podcast Series
2. Digital Strategy For Development
3. Brazilian Youth Putting an End to Gang Violence
4. Ending Slavery in Mali
5. Ethiopia on Empowering AIDS - Orphaned Youth
6. Local and Global Food Justice
7. Let Us Show You What Girls Power Looks Like
8. From Sweatshop to Human Development
9. Creating Social Change: The Power of Networks
10. Lessons Learned from Collaborative Monitoring and Evaluation Design
11. YMCA on Youth Voices from Senegal and Colombia
Istanbul Principles: Iconography
You can download them here.