|View Employer Profile||
Sunday, April 30, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:The overall purpose of the placement is to increase the access to extension services, create awareness of new technology in sustainable agricultural production, train farmers on improved farming practices due to its necessity in developing countries. Many techniques are employed by extension personnel to satisfy this need. A widely-used tool is the utilization of Farmer Field Schools (FFS). This tool facilitates knowledge and skills transfer to farmers, in new agricultural technology.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide support for the development and implementation of a Farmer Field Schools Program.
- Foster awareness of the importance and relevance of Farmer Field Schools among key stakeholders
- Support establishment of Farmer Field Schools in identified areas/communities.
- Develop training materials, mobilize extension personnel and farmers and facilitate training.
- Conduct field visits to monitor implementation of improved agricultural practices among farmers, and mentor extension personnel in provision of extension services.